Women’s networking event may be the first of many
THE first women’s networking event hosted by the LDC and dedicated to the ladies of the land originally scheduled for late this month will now be held at a later date.
The event, scheduled, at the Opal Ridge Motel in Collinsville on Friday, 24 April from 9.30am to 2pm will be rescheduled because of COVID-19.
President of the Queensland Rural, Regional and Remote Women’s Network, Tracey Martin and Bowen-based DAF Biosecurity Officer, Ellisa Davis will speak at the event.
On the agenda for the day will be a brainstorming session to shape future events.
We need your ideas to determine possible programs for future events and to discover topics that resonate with the ladies of the land.
Topics suggested thus far include:
- personal development and team building;
- financial literacy and planning;
- human resource management, and employing and retaining staff;
- bookkeeping and computer basics;
- primary production and small concessions; and
- Workplace Health and Safety.
The inaugural event will be timed to fit in with morning and afternoon school runs (although children will be welcome) and morning tea and lunch will be provided.
Get in touch to disuss your great ideas: