Expression of Interest
Exploring New Incentives for provision of
Property to host Demonstration Site
The Landholders Driving Change (LDC) project is one of two major integrated projects funded by the Queensland Government’s Office of the Great Barrier Reef.
Unique to this project is the flexibility of delivery and the utilisation of funding.
One of the key objectives of the project is the trialling and integration of a mix of conventional and new activities to achieve land management outcomes at a landscape scale.
- The landholder must be prepared to host a sizeable demonstration site on their property.
- The property must be part of the BBB (Bowen, Broken and Bogie) catchments.
- The demonstration site must be between 2000ha and 10,000ha in size.
- The landholder must be prepared to trial a mix of conventional and innovative practices – for example natural sequence farming principles and time controlled grazing.
- The landholder must be prepared to support the integration and trialing of new technologies and methodologies on the demonstration site.
- The landholder must be prepared to be guided on Grazing Land Management.
- The landholder must be prepared to make some “in kind” contribution to the day to day management of the project.
- The landholder must be prepared to support the delivery of training and extension activities on the demonstration site for the duration of the project.
Next steps and timelines
- Decide if you would like to be involved.
- Complete the details on the property information and site description form below and submit it before 22 February 2019.
- Attend a meeting to discuss logistics of the project and strengths of your property as the host property for the demonstration site.
The successful host property will be notified by COB Friday, 1 March, 2019.