Two days to come to grips with Holistic Management
A TWO-DAY ‘Introduction to Holistic Management’ workshop is being held at the DAF Bowen Research facility in May.
Take advantage of this opportunity, there are limited spaces, so book early.
- Workshop: Introduction to holistic Managment with Brian Wehlburg
- Where: DAF Bowen Research Facility, 45 Warick Road, Delta
- When: Tuesday 26 May 9.30am – 5pm; Wednesday 27 May 8.30am – 4pm
Certified Holistic Management educator Brian Wehlburg, of Inside Outside Management, is hosting the two-day workshop. He will explain the key planning processes that make up Holistic Management.
Holistic Management is a decision-making framework that ensures decisions are economically, environmentally and socially sound and enables landholders to develop a clear vision for the future.
It supports practical, cost-effective and innovative approaches to land restoration and management.
- How nature functions holistically; rebuilding pasture diversity; ensuring positive animal nutrition and solving environmental problems, with minimal input costs.
- Creating a grazing plan for adequate recovery of plants, maximising grass production and keeping soil on your property.
- Quickly and accurately measure feed volumes to match stock to fodder. Plan for the dry season…. and for drought.
- Effective monitoring techniques to improve the country and your cash flow.
The workshop includes a field visit to Five Mile, Bowen.
The workshop is supported by the Stomping out Sediment project funded by the Australian Government and delivered through the Reef Trust.
Brian Wehlburg from InsideOut Management lectures in the field.
Brian Wehlburg from InsideOut Management with NQ Dry Tropics project officers Sharon Cunial (left) and Adrienne Hall.