Let’s talk about phosphorus
NOVEMBER 29 was Phosphorus Day at a Collinsville workshop presented by the Department of Agrifculture and Fisheries and hosted by the Landholders Driving Change project.
DAF presenters Jim Fletcher and Mick Sullivan as well as University of Queensland’s Rob Dixon spoke to attending graziers and landholders about the importance of ensuring a good phosphorus balance in soils.
They covered a range of topics including:
- The importance of phosphorus in cattle.
- Identifying phosphorus deficient country.
- Testing for phosphorus deficiency in cattle.
- Addressing phosphorus deficiency through supplementation and herd management.
- Supplementing phosphorus in the most economical way.